Multi-car collisions can be some of the most traumatic and stressful vehicular accidents on the roadway due to the extensive damage they cause and severe injuries sustained as a consequence of the impact. These accidents can occur because of one driver’s error or negligence that results in a chain reaction of multiple vehicles colliding. Even the most cautious drivers may experience a Missouri multi-car collision because of the nature of this unpredictable event.
If you have experienced a Missouri multi-car collision as a result of someone else’s negligence, speak to an experienced car accident lawyer at Goza & Honnold for a comprehensive evaluation of your claim. These types of accidents may be more complex due to the various factors and liable parties that may have contributed to the losses you have suffered. We are well-versed in the nature of these types of accidents and will tirelessly work on your behalf to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
Determining Fault in a Missouri Multi-Car Collision
Even though it may seem as though the initial party that caused the multi-car collision may be responsible for all of the damages they have caused, that may not always be the case. Typically, there are multiple parties involved that may be held liable for the losses you have suffered in the accident. Missouri is an at-fault state that utilizes a pure comparative fault system to discern the percentage of damages you pay for your part in the accident; determining this percentage in a multi-car collision may prove to be challenging.
Generally, insurance companies are also going to be aggressive in disputing claims, especially in circumstances where there are multiple liable parties. These types of car accident claims may end up in court, especially if agreeing on the percentage of fault becomes impossible.
Consider the following when determining fault in a Missouri multi-car collision:
- Fault determination is a complex process, especially when it is a multi-car accident.
- The less you were at fault for the accident, the more compensation you are likely to recover from the other driver(s).
- As a pure comparative negligence state, Missouri allows you to recover damages even if you were more than 50% at fault.
Obtain the help of knowledgeable car accident lawyers at Goza & Honnold who are well-versed in handling insurance adjusters and understand how insurance providers prepare their cases and evidence. We aggressively advocate for the maximum compensation, taking the time to understand your story so we can provide exceptional representation and legal guidance.
A Missouri Multi-Car Collision Lawyer Can Help You Determine Liability
Having a skilled Missouri car accident lawyer on your side is beneficial in instances where determining fault becomes complex. At Goza & Honnold, we can help you determine liability in the multi-car collision and preserve the value of your claim by:
- Obtaining testimony through eyewitness accounts, passengers, passersby, and drivers who were uninvolved in the collision
- Dissecting the police report about the accident, including information regarding traffic violations and tickets that were issued to drivers
- Analyzing the type of damage sustained to vehicles and other property, which may be used to reconstruct the accident scene
- Gathering objective evidence from the accident scene in the form of pictures and videos of vehicle debris, traffic light footage, video surveillance from private businesses, skid marks on the road, and other vital details
- If necessary, aggressively fight on your behalf in court
The multi-car collision lawyers at Goza & Honnold offer award-winning representation with compassion and empathy from consultation to settlement. We have recovered millions of dollars for victims affected by driver negligence and will work to tirelessly advocate for the justice you deserve.
Damages You May Recover in a Missouri Multi-Car Collision
In a successful multi-car collision claim, you may be able to recover the following compensation for damages suffered in your accident:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
Most car accident victims file a claim with their insurance company first and proceed to file legal action if the claim is unsuccessful. In instances where a victim has suffered in a Missouri multi-car accident collision, you may want to file a lawsuit instead if you believe you will not recover sufficient compensation because of insurance policy limits. To determine the best course of action for your unique claim, speak to an experienced car accident lawyer at Goza & Honnold.
Speak With an Experienced Missouri Multi-Car Collisions Lawyer at Goza & Honnold Today
If you were a victim of a Missouri multi-car accident due to another driver’s negligence, speak to an experienced car accident lawyer at Goza & Honnold for a complimentary assessment of your claim and knowledgeable legal guidance on how to proceed next with your claim. We have decades of experience and will work to hold the liable parties accountable for the suffering they have caused, supporting you at every step of your claim.