Administering anesthesia properly requires diligent care and proper training. If an anesthesiologist or other medical professional uses the wrong amount of anesthesia or fails to check a patient’s medical history before administration, serious consequences can occur. If you suffer injuries due to an anesthesia error, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
After an anesthesia error, the Kansas City medical malpractice attorneys at Goza & Honnold, LLC can help. For decades, we have represented victims of medical malpractice in their lawsuits against negligent medical professionals. Our lawyers will work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us
- Recovery from an anesthesia error can be painful. Our Kansas City lawyers will handle every aspect of your case on your behalf and leverage our decades of experience to find the help you need.
- We value honesty and empathy throughout the litigation process. Our firm will maintain an open line of communication so you can ask questions and receive important case updates.
- After a serious injury or illness, maximum recovery is a top priority. Our attorneys will advocate for your highest possible compensation during negotiations and at trial.
The Dangers of Anesthesia Errors
Medical professionals administer anesthesia to patients who are undergoing surgery or other painful medical procedures. If a doctor is using general anesthesia, or anesthesia that renders patients unconscious, he or she must carefully calculate the type and amount he or she should use. Physicians must also provide proper preparation and aftercare instructions for patients taking anesthesia, as well as review their medical history to ensure that dangerous drug interactions or allergic reactions do not occur.
If a medical professional commits an error while administering anesthesia, the patient can suffer from severe injuries, develop permanent disabilities, or even die from the procedure. Common complications that arise due to anesthesia errors include the following:
- Heart attacks and strokes
- Brain damage
- Allergic reactions
- Oxygen deprivation
- Psychological distress
- Anesthesia awareness, or consciousness during surgery
Legal Options for Anesthesia Error Victims
All medical professionals must uphold a certain standard of care when treating patients. If they cause harm to a patient through a negligent act or omission, such as administering the wrong dosage of anesthesia, they may be liable for the damages that patients suffer. If you are the victim of an anesthesia error, you could file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the negligent medical professional.
Through your lawsuit, you can collect compensation for all the losses you sustained due to the anesthesia error, including the following.
- All past and future medical expenses related to the anesthesia injury, including follow-up surgeries, prescription medications, and hospitalization bills.
- Lost wages for the time you spent recovering from the error and loss of future earnings if your injury prevents you from going to work.
- Pain and suffering damages, or compensation for the physical pain and emotional trauma you sustained due to the anesthesia error.
To secure this compensation, you will need to provide evidence of the at-fault party’s negligence. The anesthesia error lawyers in Kansas City at Goza & Honnold, LLC will conduct a comprehensive investigation into your case and use the full power of our firm’s resources to craft a compelling case in your favor.
Contact a Kansas City Anesthesia Error Attorney
If you are the victim of an anesthesia error, the medical professional responsible for your injury could be liable for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. You could file a medical malpractice lawsuit to secure the compensation you need to recover—and the Kansas City anesthesia error attorneys at Goza & Honnold, LLC can help.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. At your appointment, your lawyer will review your case and discuss your options for maximum recovery.