Whenever someone faces catastrophic injuries—whether following a car accident, slip-and-fall, or another kind of incident—it’s pervasive to question how their life might change. While they are forced to undergo the healing and recovery processes, they are also likely to face steep medical bills related to their well-being and quality of life. But when the catastrophic injury is not the victim’s fault, it does not always immediately come to mind that they can take legal action against the responsible party.
Suppose you face the aftermath of a catastrophic injury due to another party’s negligent conduct. Should you have to pay for losses and damages out of your pocket? Or can you take legal action and receive compensation for these expenses? Whenever you want to take legal action against the party responsible for your catastrophic injury, the Overland Park catastrophic injury attorneys at Goza & Honnold are here to help. We have decades of experience in personal and catastrophic injury laws and have won millions of dollars for our clients. Our team can support and help you.
Who Might Be Liable for a Catastrophic Injury in Overland Park, Kansas?
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your catastrophic injury, many parties could be liable for your damages. Often, the most likely way to receive compensation is by determining who the responsible parties are, taking legal action against them, and holding them accountable for their actions. Any of the following may be liable for your losses:
- Vehicle drivers
- Truck or company car drivers
- Employers to company drivers
- City government
- Owners or renters of the premises
- Employer or employees of the property
- Distracting passengers
- Pedestrians not following traffic safety laws
- Parts, machinery, or vehicle manufacturers
- Medical professionals or facility employees
- Others present at the time of the incident
In many cases, more than one party is responsible for a victim’s injuries and damages. For assistance determining who is liable and holding them accountable, we encourage you to speak with and retain help from a catastrophic injury lawyer who serves Overland Park. Your Overland park catastrophic injury attorney can help you collect evidence, speak on your behalf during legal proceedings, and give you access to helpful resources during this process.
What Catastrophic Injury-Related Damages Qualify for Compensation?
If another party is responsible for your catastrophic injury, you will likely be entitled to compensation. The following losses and damages may qualify for compensation, depending on the circumstances surrounding the event:
- Attorney fees
- Medical expenses, including ambulance fees, bills, and future medical payments
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of wage-earning potential
- Wrongful death
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
Other damages may also qualify for compensation. For assistance estimating the value of your claims, we recommend you work with a catastrophic injury lawyer. Your Overland Park catastrophic injury attorney can help you identify other qualifying losses, increase the value of your claims, and improve your likelihood of walking away with fair compensation.
Our Suggestions for Next Steps After a Catastrophic Injury
Following an incident resulting in a catastrophic injury, you may want assistance determining what strategies and next steps to utilize. The following suggestions can help you, especially when you want to prioritize receiving fair compensation and are open to taking legal action against the responsible parties:
- Seek medical attention
- Follow doctor’s orders for treatment
- Hold onto medical bills and doctor’s notes
- Collect evidence relating to your incident, including:
- Videos and photographic evidence
- Police or crash reports, when applicable
- Physical evidence
- Witness statements and contact information
- Insurance information
- Documents related to other damages, including property damage bills, pay stubs, and additional information that may represent losses
- Submit a claim with the appropriate insurance policy
- Share relevant information with the insurance company
- Bring evidence and information to consultations with legal representatives
- Speak with a catastrophic injury lawyer in Overland Park before accepting settlements
- Log out of and disable social media accounts to prevent the use
- Avoid discussing your legal matters with others, including friends and family
- Retain legal services from a catastrophic injury lawyer
- Follow strategic recommendations from your legal representative
We strongly recommend you work with a catastrophic injury lawyer for assistance during this challenging time. While you may want to represent yourself to avoid extraneous costs, your attorney is far more likely to showcase your circumstances and increase your odds of obtaining fair compensation.
You will likely qualify to receive compensation for Overland park catastrophic injury attorney fees. The Overland Park catastrophic injury lawyers from Goza & Honnold work on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay us when you win. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Facing Catastrophic Injury in Overland Park? Receive Outstanding Assistance From Attorneys at Goza & Honnold
Facing catastrophic injuries in Overland Park can be challenging, but you don’t have to handle legal matters alone. The catastrophic injury lawyers at Goza & Honnold have the strategies, knowledge, and resources to increase your odds of legal success, including your probability of receiving compensation for your losses. We hold positions with the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and many other honors. You can trust us to work hard in favor of your perspective and situation.
We invite you to contact our team of attorneys at your earliest convenience. To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, fill out a contact form or call our office at (913) 451-3433. When you retain help from our lawyers, we can discuss your case in greater detail, answer pressing questions, calm your concerns, and assist you in many other ways. We look forward to hearing from you, helping you hold responsible parties accountable for their conduct, and fighting for your rights.