When motorists are distracted on the road, the risk of an accident increases. . Over 3,000 drivers died in distracted driving accidents in 2020. Behaviors such as texting, eating, and talking to passengers while driving are dangerous and can lead to serious consequences. You may be eligible to seek legal action for the losses you have incurred in a distracted driving accident.
The attorneys at Goza & Honnold have decades of experience holding distracted drivers accountable for their careless actions. We understand you may have experienced both costly economic and non-economic losses, but we will aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve through a distracted driving accident claim. Our Kansas City car accident lawyers will navigate the entirety of the legal process and offer knowledgeable legal guidance so you may focus on your recovery.
How the Attorneys at Goza & Honnold May Help You After a Distracted Driving Accident
The attorneys at Goza & Honnold offer personalized and compassionate legal services, helping our clients recover damages after traumatic car accidents. We have decades of experience fiercely fighting for the rights of victims affected by negligent drivers.
We will strengthen your chances of securing the compensation and justice you deserve by doing the following:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into your distracted driving car accident to determine negligence and gather vital evidence to prove liability
- Filing a car accident injury claim with the insurance company and negotiating directly on your behalf so you may obtain the monetary compensation you deserve
- Calculating the complete monetary value of your damages and fighting to secure your potential compensation
- Retaining the help of medical experts to determine the severity of your injuries and what losses you may be facing in the future
- Professionally litigating your case in court if necessary
The attorneys at Goza & Honnold understand the complexities of distracted driving cases and will tirelessly work to obtain the fair, complete compensation you deserve for the losses you have incurred.
Proving Liability in a Kansas City Distracted Driving Accident
When motorists fail to uphold a lawful duty of care, they may be held liable for damages inflicted in a car accident. Distracted driving prevents the driver from being able to react quickly, making it dangerous for other motorists sharing the road. With the help of Kansas City distracted driving lawyers, you may be able to obtain the necessary evidence to demonstrate the responsible driver caused the accident and prove negligence.
To have a successful case, you must show the following:
- The driver’s direct actions of negligence caused the collision
- The distracted driving accident was the direct cause of your injuries and losses
- You sustained monetary damages due to the liable driver’s behavior
These elements may be proven by obtaining video or photo surveillance of the accident, requesting phone records from the time of the incident, obtaining witness testimony, and hiring accident reconstructionists if needed.
The attorneys at Goza & Honnold understand the various elements needed to prove liability in a distracted driving accident claim. We take our time building a strong case, utilizing a well-rounded approach to showcase how your accident has affected your daily life through losses and physical injuries.
Compensation You May Recover in a Successful Kansas City Distracted Driving Accident Claim
Depending on the circumstances and severity of your distracted driving accident, you may be eligible to recover economic and non-economic damages due to the lasting injuries and other losses you may have incurred due to someone else’s negligence.
The compensation you may recover in a successful Kansas City distracted driving accident claim include:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Assisted care or live-in care
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Treatments for psychological suffering
- Present and future lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or disfigurement
- Property damages and repairs
The attorneys at Goza & Honnold will fight for the justice you deserve and the damages you may be owed. We help assess the value of your claim by evaluating the severity of your injuries, future losses, the ability to prove negligence, and other essential factors. We work tirelessly to maximize the damages you can recover.
Speak With the Experienced Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers at Goza & Honnold
Distracted driving accidents may have a lasting impact on your daily life. The attorneys at Goza & Honnold understand the significance of obtaining the fair compensation you deserve.. We handle the entire legal process and utilize an aggressive, comprehensive approach to bolster your chances of success while you focus on your recovery.