Burn injuries are one of the leading causes of accidental death and injury in the United States. According to the American Burn Association, approximately 486,000 people need to receive medical attention for burn injuries and an estimated 2,745 people die due to fire or smoke inhalation each year.
If you are a burn injury victim, you may have legal options available to you. You could file a lawsuit against the person responsible for your accident, secure compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. The Kansas City burn injury lawyers at Goza & Honnold, LLC can represent your claim, advocating aggressively for your full compensation. Goza & Honnold, LLC is a Kansas City personal injury law firm that has obtained successful results for thousands of cases.
Why Choose Us
- Our Kansas City attorneys have represented thousands of clients, including burn injury victims. We are familiar with the case process and can handle all aspects of your claim so you can focus on recovery.
- We understand how painful and devastating a burn injury can be. We will identify all paths to maximum compensation so you can recover the compensation you need.
- Our small firm has won some of the most prestigious trial and litigation awards. Our clients can expect excellence throughout the litigation process.
Damages for Burn Injury Victims
Burn injuries can be painful, debilitating injuries. Depending on the severity and location of the burn, these injuries may result in permanent scarring and loss of function. If you sustain a burn injury, you may need to pay for thousands of dollars worth of medical expenses, take time from work to recover and treat your injuries, and suffer from the physical and emotional impact of the damage.
Through a claim against the person or entity responsible for your burn injury, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you sustained. Common damages in Kansas City burn injury claims include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy.
- Property damage.
- Lost wages.
- Loss of future earnings.
- Disability accommodations.
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Emotional distress.
- Loss of quality of life.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Chronic pain.
When Can You File a Burn Injury Claim?
If someone else’s actions are responsible for your burn injury, you may be eligible to file a claim against the at-fault party. There are several types of burn injury claims you can file.
- Product liability claims: If you suffered a burn due to a dangerous or defective product, you can file a lawsuit against the product’s manufacturer, distributor, or retailer.
- Personal injury lawsuits: If you suffer burn injuries due to someone else’s negligent actions, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against him or her. Burn-related personal injury lawsuits typically involve vehicle accidents, gas explosions, and apartment or hotel fires that involve negligence.
- Insurance claims: If the negligent party has an insurance policy that covers your accident, you can file a claim against him or her. Insurance claims typically arise after car accidents or injuries on someone else’s property.
Different claims are appropriate for different types of cases. Additionally, many claims begin in the insurance stage before progressing to a lawsuit. To determine your optimal path to compensation, speak to a Goza & Honnold, LLC personal injury lawyer in Kansas City.
Contact Goza & Honnold, LLC
Burn injuries can result in permanent scarring, emotional trauma, and severe pain. If your burn occurred due to someone else’s negligent actions, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. In these situations, the Kansas City burn injury attorneys at Goza & Honnold, LLC can help.
We have represented thousands of clients in their claims against negligent individuals, entities, and government agencies. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a Kansas City burns injury attorney.