While scooters are a convenient and enjoyable way to cruise around Kansas City and get to desired destinations, electric scooters pose a risk to riders, pedestrians, and motorists. There were 190,000 emergency room visits due to electric scooters from 2017 through 2020, steadily increasing annually. If you have been harmed due to negligence in a Kansas City electric scooter accident, consult a lawyer for your best legal options to recover losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional distress.
The Kansas City electric scooter accident lawyers at Goza & Honnold are well-versed in the laws and regulations governing scooter accidents and how they may impact your claim. With millions recovered in successful litigation settlements and trials locally and nationally, we are prepared to fight for the justice you deserve. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you don’t pay any attorney fees unless we reach a successful outcome.
How the Kansas City Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers at Goza & Honnold Can Help You
Electric scooter accidents in Kansas City can have a lasting physical, financial, and emotional toll on victims following an accident. When you have suffered due to someone else’s negligence, you should not have to pay for their reckless actions. Alarmingly, in high-traffic cities, studies show that over 90% of drivers involved in scooter collisions were uninsured, which may require compensation for accident-related expenses through litigation.
To recover the complete compensation you deserve for the losses incurred due to negligence in an electric scooter accident, the Kansas City lawyers at Goza & Honnold can help bolster the success of your claim in the following ways:
- Obtain evidence of negligence through a comprehensive investigation into the accident
- Determine all liable parties and demonstrate how negligence caused the accident
- Assess the value of your claim by analyzing relevant documents and expense reports to fight for the complete compensation you deserve for present and future losses
- Negotiate fiercely with insurance companies on your behalf or prepare your case for trial if a settlement cannot be reached
- Work with field experts to substantiate your claim and further demonstrate your suffering due to negligence
- Offer award-winning legal guidance and counsel throughout the legal process
- Handle all legal communications, documentation, and legal filing so you can focus on recovery
With the vast resources of a big-time firm and the personalized attention of a small firm, we work tirelessly to build a compelling case with evidence that scratches beyond the initial surface of your claim. Your life may have been changed forever as a result of negligence, and the lawyers at Goza & Honnold will fight for you to help you obtain rightful compensation.
Liability in a Kansas City Scooter Accident
All drivers, pedestrians, and electric scooter users must share the roadway with a reasonable duty of care, keeping the safety of others as a first priority. When people act negligently, causing injuries and other significant losses related to an electric scooter accident, they should be held accountable for the economic and non-economic damages incurred by the victim. However, determining liability may be challenging without the help of a Kansas City electric scooter lawyer, as one or many parties may be responsible for causing or contributing to your accident.
The following parties may be liable for a Kansas City scooter accident:
- Electric scooter company: Electric scooter companies are responsible for ensuring their scooters are safe and secure for consumers to use. If you’re injured due to a defect or failure of an electric scooter, the company may be liable for damages.
- The driver of the electric scooter: The electric scooter driver may be held liable for any injuries suffered by pedestrians if they are riding on the sidewalk. Kansas City statute 70-253 states that no person shall drive a motor vehicle on a sidewalk, sidewalk area, park, or public property.
- Negligent vehicle driver: Motorists who swerve to attempt colliding with an electric scooter or distracted or aggressive drivers may be held liable for resulting injuries from an accident.
Through electric scooter accident investigations conducted by the Kansas City lawyers at Goza & Honnold, you can demonstrate causation and negligence that directly resulted in the damages you sustained.
Damages You May Recover in a Successful Electric Scooter Accident Claim
In a successful electric scooter accident claim, you may be eligible to recover economic and non-economic losses, including the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
Whether you were riding an electric scooter or were hit by one at the time of your accident, you may recover damages incurred due to someone else’s negligence. The Kansas City lawyers at Goza & Honnold can help determine the complete value of your claim by analyzing relevant documents, such as medical records and accident-related expenses, to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact the Kansas City Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers at Goza & Honnold
With the help of the Kansas City electric scooter accident lawyers at Goza & Honnold, you may recover damages for accident-related expenses and emotional suffering due to a negligent individual. We have litigated hundreds of successful settlements and verdicts locally and nationally and are ready to fight for the justice you deserve.