As parents and guardians, we take our children’s safety very seriously. If our children sustain injuries, the recovery process can feel devastating and overwhelming—especially if someone else is responsible. If your child sustained an injury due to another person’s negligent actions, the child injury attorneys at Goza & Honnold, LLC can help.
Our Kansas City lawyers represent injured children and their families against negligent individuals, entities, and government agencies. With our focus on empathy and integrity, we can provide your family with the representation your child needs to secure maximum compensation.
Why Choose Us
- We understand how difficult it can be to witness your child suffer from an injury. Our lawyers will handle all aspects of your case so your family can focus on recovery.
- We have recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Our attorneys will leverage our decades of experience to secure the compensation your child deserves.
- Our lawyers have earned the respect of opposing attorneys. By leveraging our negotiation skills, we can obtain a maximum settlement—or the opposing counsel will know a jury will hear your child’s compelling story in court.
Common Causes of Child Injury
Children can suffer injuries for several reasons, from accidents and acts of violence to dangerous and defective products. At Goza & Honnold, LLC, we handle multiple types of child injury claims, including the following:
- Drowning accidents
- Accidental poisoning
- Car, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Animal bites and attacks
- Slip and falls
- Negligent babysitters or daycare centers
- Dangerous products, such as cribs, car seats, and toys
If your child suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, your family can pursue a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim against the at-fault party. If he or she suffered harm due to a dangerous product, you can file a claim against the manufacturer. During each of these processes, you will need to prove the liable party caused the accident that injured your child.
How to Prove a Child Injury Claim
To settle a child injury insurance claim, an adjuster will conduct an independent investigation. If the adjuster believes the at-fault party is responsible, he or she will offer a settlement to your family. If the adjuster does not believe the at-fault party caused the accident, he or she may deny your claim. At this stage, you can appeal the claim or pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
During the personal injury lawsuit process, you will need to prove four key elements to secure compensation for your child.
- The at-fault party owed your child a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached the duty of care.
- The breach of duty directly caused your child’s injuries.
- Your child suffered damages in the accident.
If your case involves a defective product, proving your child’s claim will look slightly different. You will need to provide evidence to support the following four facts.
- Your child suffered an injury.
- The product was defective.
- The defect caused your child’s injury.
- You or your child used the product as intended.
Proving your child’s right to compensation can be a challenge. The attorneys at Goza & Honnold, LLC can craft a compelling case in your child’s favor to satisfy these elements and prove to the court that the defendant is liable.
Contact Goza & Honnold, LLC
If your child suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, your family deserves justice. The Kansas City child injury lawyers at Goza & Honnold, LLC can represent your child in your claim against the at-fault party. Our firm will work diligently to secure the compensation your child deserves.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Your lawyer will review your case and explain your child’s optimal path to maximum recovery.