Rear-end accidents are some of the most common collisions that occur on Missouri roads. These accidents can happen for several reasons, from failure to adhere to the right of way to distracted driving. If you are in a rear-end collision and someone else was responsible for the accident, you may be eligible to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
In these situations, trust the attorneys at Goza & Honnold, LLC to represent your claim. Our Kansas City rear-end accident lawyers will advocate aggressively for your right to full compensation. We have decades of experience and have recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm has helped thousands of Missouri residents with their car accident claims. We can handle the entire litigation process on your behalf so you can focus on recovery.
- Our firm provides the personalized attention of a small firm and the litigation power and resources of a large firm.
- We understand how painful car accident recovery can be. We will work to connect you with the resources you need to recover using our decades of experience.
Legal Options for Kansas City Rear-End Accident Victims
Missouri is an at-fault insurance state, which means that drivers who cause accidents are responsible for paying for their victims’ damages. If you are in a rear-end accident with a negligent driver, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
You can pursue this compensation through one of three avenues:
- You can file an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s company. All Missouri drivers must carry certain amounts of liability insurance in case they cause an accident. Many rear-end accident cases begin as insurance claims and progress to lawsuits.
- You can file a claim with your own insurance company. These claims typically arise when you are in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. Missouri requires all residents to hold uninsured motorist coverage, so you could pursue these damages in this situation.
- You can file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver in civil court. Since drivers purchase certain amounts of insurance, you can only pursue compensation up to policy limits. These policy limits do not apply to civil lawsuits, so you can recover a larger award.
Do You Need a Lawyer After a Rear-End Accident?
Many rear-end accident victims believe their claims are not very serious. They may believe their injuries are minor and that they can handle their claim on their own. While your accident may not feel serious, it is very important to seek the help of an attorney.
A car accident attorney can help protect your right to compensation throughout the insurance or lawsuit process. Your lawyer will understand the strategies that insurance adjusters often use to reduce or deny a settlement and can evaluate any settlement offers you receive. Lawyers can provide several other benefits throughout the case process, including the following.
- Access to expert witnesses.
- Knowledge of the insurance and litigation processes.
- Experience handling similar claims.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience representing cases similar to yours.
After receiving medical attention for your accident, speak to an attorney from Goza & Honnold, LLC as soon as possible.
Contact a Kansas City Rear-End Accident Attorney
If you are the victim of a rear-end collision, do not hesitate to seek help. You may be eligible for financial compensation through a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim. If you need assistance recovering your damages, the attorneys at Goza & Honnold, LLC can help.
We represent injured Kansas City residents in their claims against negligent drivers. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options.